Thursday, July 22, 2010

WAITING………….SOMETIMES, IT GETS YOU THERE FASTER AND MAKES YOU STRONGER.(the poem)

The days are too long this year
I think silently to myself.
In my mind, I see a picture of a farmer
dragging an unwilling plowing bull down the fields
The strain in its legs and the weariness in its eyes remind me a lot of myself and my days
It’s been 365 days since I sent that fervent cry up the heavens but still no reply;
I am weary on all sides.
Weary of all these emotions threatening to explode within me and crush me down.
I so desperately wish joy will come and embrace me and take me away from anxiety.
Let me be happy for just this moment, I say to myself
And so, Happiness feigns itself in me for a teeny weensy moment but soon goes rushing out the window
Just when I let my guard down for a minute, anxiety peeks through the door
Despair and Depression lag closely behind threatening to burst in.
Enough! I cry out and crumble onto the floor.
Help me Father, for I am tired!
In the mist of my tears, I hear the silence around me
Silence that is not too loud and obtrusive but that, that is quiet
“Quiet my child”, a voice whispers to me
Lie down and rest for a while. It gently says to me.
Be calm so that you may regain your strength.
Only rest for awhile and I promise I will wake you up to a brighter day in my own good time.
And for that day you will need your strength.
Only be patient my darling………
Because this wait is inevitable.

...Sena

No comments:

Post a Comment