Wednesday, July 21, 2010

WAITING………….SOMETIMES, IT GETS YOU THERE FASTER AND MAKES YOU STRONGER.(the story)

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength,
They will soar as with eagle’s wings;
They will run and not grow weary,
Walk and not grow faint.


There comes a period in the life of every individual where he or she would have to wait for something to happen. It could be something as mundane as waiting your turn in a queue to purchase an item or something as extraordinary as waiting to hear news of a big promotion in one’s life. However, one thing that I have come to realize is that during all these periods of waiting, an end is always attained.

Ultimately, the big question that should be asked and wondered about is what kind of end would my period of wait attain? This question I think is the biggest weight one has to carry during any wait period. You see, it not only requires quiescence but a tremendous amount of patience and believe me, it may sometimes sap the life out of you.

Anybody who had to wait for something really important to happen in his or her life would identify with the many conflicting emotions that swirl in one’s mind and heart, threatening to explode and expose! Anxiety, I have found is a major culprit. Ever-faithful Despair is always there to support Anxiety and how will these two diseases keep up without Depression silently spreading its deadly spores?

I have had to wait for so many things to happen in my life-those times I call my defining moments. They always followed the pattern described early on but some way, somehow, the eye of God was on me and His loving and blessed hands never departed whenever I cried out in despair and frustration. His hands are always generous when you spread yours before him and patiently wait on Him.


......Sena

2 comments:

  1. catchy heading.the opening verse is inviting.great material,very well articulated.its a good thing the content isnt sketchy but rather exhaustive.i however think the poem @ the end is redundant cos its pretty much the same thing repeated in the article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that the poem can stand on its own also as an article. i think its too much for the two to be together. I really like the poem and i love the whole page set up.
    Well done!
    - Karen

    ReplyDelete